Friday, May 30, 2014

How do you live when it's hard to forgive?

There is no way I can start a hip hop blog than by writing about the rapper who is the definition of hip hop to me. For those of you who have never heard about Dynasty she is ... Naaah, that would've been a good introduction a couple of years ago but if you don't know who Dynasty is now, you definitely have some catching up to do. Briefly tho, she is who she says she is - as simple as that. She's a Star in life's clothing. And to me, this is the most accurate album title describing an artist you will ever see. I've had an opportunity to meet Dynasty personally and she's unbelievably humble and at the same time, well.. The facts are the facts - she's a star. But let's get to the song I wanna tell you about today.

Dynasty - Forgive

I have never met a single person who wouldn't like this one and while it isn't the first Dynasty's joint I heard, it's the one that means the most to me. You can see.. Again - no. You can FEEL DY's genius every second you hear it probably having chills all over your body. This is not something a regular rapper would give to you. It sets you free, it's just what you need in this fast world where things like to get too hectic too often. It's easy to get lost here, you gotta admit that. And you gotta admit that as human beings it's a normal thing that we make mistakes. But sometimes those mistakes chain us to the guilt and it's really hard to move on if you constantly feel that your past is holding you down. That's what I felt when I first heard those words:

"I just wanna live...
but how do you live when it's hard to forgive?/
hard to forgive but I gotta let go/
so I let it go cuz it's good for my soul/
soul is eternal so I'm on right road/
and on the right road I'll get where I need to be/
and where I need to be is the place where you love/
and the place where you love is the place you forgive/
and once you forgive you will learn how to live"

Wow... Can you feel how deep it is? And at the same time it feels so simple as if you were building a house out of lego, brick after brick, but you're really getting back on track step by step, slowly, calmly. She shows you the way to forgive yourself, to forgive the others and the importance of the act of forgiveness. You can feel though, that it is not really shown as an act, something that happens once, but rather as a way of living. And it's all done using words so simple everyone will understand it. I think it's a common feature of great people of this world like the pope John Paul II or Martin Luther King. They would also use words very simple but being so sure of their value they didn't need to boast of being sophisticated as they knew that what really matters is the message. And this is what Dynasty does. She speaks more to your heart than to your mind cause after all we seek feelings in life. It would be good to quote dr. Maya Angelou here:

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.".

And if you want to feel free, if you want to love yourself more, if you want to give more to the others and be a better person - Dynasty will prove to you that you've got all you need to do it. That's why I would say that she is the definition of real hip hop. Real hip hop can change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment